Level 2: An average of 4 to 5 hours of hiking per day on a well-marked hilly path or trail.
Level 3: An average of 4 to 5 hours of hiking per day on well-marked trails and/or 600 to 800 meters of vertical gain, and/or distances up to 15 kilometers.
Level 4: An average of 6 hours of hiking per day on well-marked trails or off trail, and/or 700 to 1000 meters of vertical gain, and/or distances of 15 to 18 kilometers.
Level 5: An average of more than 6 hours of hiking per day off trail or on rugged terrain, with more than 1000 meters of vertical gain (and/or distances up to 20 kilometers). Possibly sections at high altitude.
Level 6: An average of more than 7 to 8 hours of strenuous hiking per day off trail or on rugged terrain, with more than 1000 meters of vertical gain and/or distances up to 20 kilometers. Possibly sections at high altitude.
A classic multi-day mountain hike
France, Italy, and Switzerland: explore three alpine cultures.
Hike to Lac Blanc included.
Circling the Mt. Blanc Range means hiking as close as possible to this legendary alpine giant without actually climbing it. Every day, enjoy so many new discoveries as you explore the different sides, cultures, and landscapes of the range: first through France, and then Italy and Switzerland. The well-marked trails are trade and communications routes that have been used, in some cases, since Antiquity. This is hands down one of the world's major and most classic multi-day mountain hikes!
Your choice of lodging + Luggage transfer
Are you looking for a singular experience with family, friends, colleagues, or a club, organized and led by one of our professional mountain guides?Travel with a guide
* Price based on 4-person group
Prices (incl. taxes) from june to september 2023
|Mountain Refuge with dorms|
Price per person
|Without luggage transfer||With luggage transfer|
|Low season||Peak season||Low season||Peak season|
|2 people1 shared room||1415 €||1515 €||1700 €||1800 €|
|3 people1 shared room||1415 €||1515 €||1690 €||1790 €|
|4 people1 shared room||1400 €||1500 €||1675 €||1775 €|
|5 people1 shared room||1400 €||1500 €||1675 €||1775 €|
|6 people1 shared room||1400 €||1500 €||1675 €||1775 €|
- Low season : From 06 September 2023 to 20 September 2023
- Peak season : From 15 June 2023 to 05 September 2023
The price includes / does not include
The price includes
- Accommodations as described.
- Transporting your bags if you choose this option.
- Breakfast for days 2 through 12.
- Dinners for days 2 through 10.
- The roadbook (as well as a map and reservation vouchers) for a 2 to 4 person group.
- The gpx tracks for each day's hike, upon request.
The price does not include
- Transportation to the meeting point at the start of the trip and from the point where the trip officially ends.
- Dinner in Chamonix Mont Blanc
- Insurance for trip cancellation/interruption, lost/stolen baggage, or assistance.
- For reservations made less than 15 days before the start, all additional fees for priority processing.
- Anything that is not specified in the "included in the price" list.
Spending and other expenses during your trip
- Lunches: at grocery stores or huts for your picnic lunches.
- Public transportation and chairlifts/gondolas during the tour.
- The cable-car between Chamonix and Plan Praz, approximately €15.
- The cable-car between Les Houches and Bellevue, approximately €15.
- The shuttle between Les Chapieux and Ville-des-Glaciers, approximately €3.5. At the beginning of the season, you might need to reserve a taxi.
- The shuttles (regularly scheduled) from Visaille to Courmayeur, approximately €3. At the beginning and the end of the season, you need to reserve a taxi. Check with your hotel/hut/guest house manager to ask if there are other hikers in the same situation with whom you can share the fare.
- Optional: the Col de Balme chairlift and gondola at Le Tour, approximately €20.
- Tickets to visit monuments or museums.
Better to have cash in the most remote areas to purchase extras (ex.: for drinks). Huts do not always accept credit cards.