Level 2: An average of 4 to 5 hours of hiking per day on a well-marked hilly path or trail.
Level 3: An average of 4 to 5 hours of hiking per day on well-marked trails and/or 600 to 800 meters of vertical gain, and/or distances up to 15 kilometers.
Level 4: An average of 6 hours of hiking per day on well-marked trails or off trail, and/or 700 to 1000 meters of vertical gain, and/or distances of 15 to 18 kilometers.
Level 5: An average of more than 6 hours of hiking per day off trail or on rugged terrain, with more than 1000 meters of vertical gain (and/or distances up to 20 kilometers). Possibly sections at high altitude.
Level 6: An average of more than 7 to 8 hours of strenuous hiking per day off trail or on rugged terrain, with more than 1000 meters of vertical gain and/or distances up to 20 kilometers. Possibly sections at high altitude.
A classic multi-day mountain hike
France, Italy, and Switzerland: explore three alpine cultures.
Hike to Lac Blanc included.
More info >>
Your choice of lodging + Luggage transfers
Are you looking for a singular experience with family, friends, colleagues, or a club, organized and led by one of our professional mountain guides?Travel with a guide
* Price based on 4-person group
Prices (incl. taxes) from june to october 2022
|Mountain hut with shared rooms|
Price per person
|Without luggage transfers||With luggage transfers|
|Low season||Peak season||Low season||Peak season|
|2 people1 shared room||1350 €||1380 €||1530 €||1565 €|
|3 people1 shared room||1345 €||1375 €||1490 €||1520 €|
|4 people1 shared room||1340 €||1370 €||1480 €||1515 €|
|5 people1 shared room||1335 €||1365 €||1475 €||1510 €|
|6 people1 shared room||1330 €||1360 €||1475 €||1510 €|
- Low season : From 24 September 2022 to 05 October 2022
- Peak season : From 15 June 2022 to 23 September 2022
The price includes / does not include
The price includes
- Accommodations as described.
- Transporting your bags if you choose this option.
- Breakfast for days 2 through 12.
- Dinners for days 2 through 10.
- The roadbook (as well as a map and reservation vouchers) for a 2 to 4 person group.
- The gpx tracks for each day's hike, upon request.
The price does not include
- Transportation to the meeting point at the start of the trip and from the point where the trip officially ends.
- Dinner in Chamonix Mont Blanc
- Insurance for trip cancellation/interruption, lost/stolen baggage, or assistance.
- For reservations made less than 15 days before the start, all additional fees for priority processing.
- Anything that is not specified in the "included in the price" list.
Spending and other expenses during your trip
- Lunches: at grocery stores or huts for your picnic lunches.
- Public transportation and chairlifts/gondolas during the tour.
- The cable-car between Chamonix and Plan Praz, approximately €15.
- The cable-car between Les Houches and Bellevue, approximately €15.
- The shuttle between Les Chapieux and Ville-des-Glaciers, approximately €3.5. At the beginning of the season, you might need to reserve a taxi.
- The shuttles (regularly scheduled) from Visaille to Courmayeur, approximately €3. At the beginning and the end of the season, you need to reserve a taxi. Check with your hotel/hut/guest house manager to ask if there are other hikers in the same situation with whom you can share the fare.
- Optional: the Col de Balme chairlift and gondola at Le Tour, approximately €20.
- Tickets to visit monuments or museums.
Better to have cash in the most remote areas to purchase extras (ex.: for drinks). Huts do not always accept credit cards.