Level 2: An average of 4 to 5 hours of hiking per day on a well-marked hilly path or trail.
Level 3: An average of 4 to 5 hours of hiking per day on well-marked trails and/or 600 to 800 meters of vertical gain, and/or distances up to 15 kilometers.
Level 4: An average of 6 hours of hiking per day on well-marked trails or off trail, and/or 700 to 1000 meters of vertical gain, and/or distances of 15 to 18 kilometers.
Level 5: An average of more than 6 hours of hiking per day off trail or on rugged terrain, with more than 1000 meters of vertical gain (and/or distances up to 20 kilometers). Possibly sections at high altitude.
Level 6: An average of more than 7 to 8 hours of strenuous hiking per day off trail or on rugged terrain, with more than 1000 meters of vertical gain and/or distances up to 20 kilometers. Possibly sections at high altitude.
One of the must-do through hikes of the European Alps!
The entire Haute Route from Chamonix to Zermatt.
The Europa Trail including a section that takes you across the world's longest suspension footbridge.
The "Mon Roadbook" mobile application is available for this tour.
Your choice of lodging + Luggage transfers
Are you looking for a singular experience with family, friends, colleagues, or a club, organized and led by one of our professional mountain guides?Travel with a guide
* Price based on 4-person group
Prices (incl. taxes) from july to september 2021 - Prices for this year are being calculated, amounts shown are an estimation
|Guest house with rooms|
Price per person
|Without luggage transfers||With luggage transfers|
|Single season||Single season|
|2 people1 shared room||1640 €||2870 €|
|3 people1 shared room||1640 €||2450 €|
|4 people1 shared room||1640 €||2250 €|
|5 people1 shared room||1640 €||2120 €|
|6 people1 shared room||1640 €||2040 €|
- Single season : From 01 Jul 2021 through 20 Sep 2021
The price includes / does not include
- Accommodations as described for 12 nights.
- Meals: 12 breakfasts, 10 dinners.
- Baggage transfers if you choose this option (not available for days 4, 5, 6 and 12).
- The roadbook (as well as maps and reservation vouchers) for a 4-person group.
- Emergency hotline 24/7.
- Access to the new mobile phone application (including GPS guidance).
- Transportation to the meeting point at the start of the trip and from the point where the trip officially ends.
- Dinner on Day 1 in Chamonix and Day 12 in Zermatt.
- Picnic lunches (about CHF10-CHF15 per lunch depending on the location).
- Showers in those huts that charge a fee.
- Drinks, tips, and personal expenses.
- Insurance for trip cancellation/interruption, lost/stolen baggage, or assistance.
- Everything not described as "included".
- Lunches: at grocery stores or huts for your picnic lunches.
- Drinks and tips.
- Public transportation and chairlifts during the tour.
Day 2: local bus from Chamonix to Tré-le-Champs: free
Day 4: local bus from Champex to Chadonne: CHF 10
Day 8: local bus from Arolla to Les Haudères: CHF 4
Day 8: optional local bus from Lake Moiry to Zinal: CHF 8.
Day 10: Jungu aerial tram: CHF 12.
Day 11: train from Saint Niklaus to Herbriggen: CHF 4,5
France and Italy are part of the Euro zone. You may find ATMs easily in the main cities and towns.
Better to have cash in the most remote areas to purchase extras (ex.: for drinks). Huts do not always accept credit cards.