Level 2: An average of 4 to 5 hours of hiking per day on a well-marked hilly path or trail.
Level 3: An average of 4 to 5 hours of hiking per day on well-marked trails and/or 600 to 800 meters of vertical gain, and/or distances up to 15 kilometers.
Level 4: An average of 6 hours of hiking per day on well-marked trails or off trail, and/or 700 to 1000 meters of vertical gain, and/or distances of 15 to 18 kilometers.
Level 5: An average of more than 6 hours of hiking per day off trail or on rugged terrain, with more than 1000 meters of vertical gain (and/or distances up to 20 kilometers). Possibly sections at high altitude.
Level 6: An average of more than 7 to 8 hours of strenuous hiking per day off trail or on rugged terrain, with more than 1000 meters of vertical gain and/or distances up to 20 kilometers. Possibly sections at high altitude.
One of the must-do through hikes of the European Alps!
Spend a full day hiking in Zermatt at the foot of the legendary Matterhorn.
Access to the trailhead made easy via Martigny (Switzerland)
"Mon Roadbook" mobile application available for this tour.
Your choice of lodging + Luggage transfers
Are you looking for a singular experience with family, friends, colleagues, or a club, organized and led by one of our professional mountain guides?Travel with a guide
* Price based on 4-person group
Prices (incl. taxes) from july to september 2022
|Guest house with rooms|
Price per person
|Without luggage transfers||With luggage transfers|
|Single season||Single season|
|2 people1 shared room||1115 €||1115 €|
|3 people1 shared room||965 €||965 €|
|4 people1 shared room||885 €||885 €|
|5 people1 shared room||840 €||840 €|
|6 people1 shared room||805 €||805 €|
- Single season : From 01 Jul 2022 through 20 Sep 2022
The price includes / does not include
The price includes
- Accommodations as described - 7 nights: 2 nights in dormitory, 2 nights in guest-houses, 3 nights in hotels
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 5 dinners.
- Transporting your bags if you choose this option (not available day 2 and 3)
- The roadbook (as well as maps and reservation vouchers) for a 4 persons group.
- Emergency hotline 24/7
- Access to the new mobile phone application (including GPS guidance).
The price does not include
- Transportation to the meeting point at the start of the trip and from the point where the trip officially ends.
- Dinner Day 1 in Martigny and Day 7 in Zermatt
- Pack lunches
- Shower in those huts that charge a fee.
- Drinks, tips and personal expenses
- Insurance for trip cancellation/interruption, lost/stolen baggage, or assistance.
- Everything not described as "included".
- Lunches: at grocery stores or huts for your picnic lunches (about CHF10-CHF15 per lunch)
- Public transportation and chairlifts during the tour.
Day 5: optional bus Lac de Moiry to Zinal: CHF 8
Day 7: Jungu cable car: CHF 12
Day 7: train Saint-Niklaus to Zermat: CHF 12,50