Glacier hikinglvl. 5
Level 4: An average of 6 hours of hiking per day on and off trail, and/or 700 to 1000 meters of vertical gain, and/or distances of 15 to 18 kilometers. Sections at higher elevations. Learn basic mountaineering techniques.
Level 5: An average of 6 to 7 hours of hiking per day off trail or on rugged terrain, and/or more than 1000 meters of vertical gain, and/or distances up to 20 kilometers. Sections at higher elevations. Requires knowledge and experience with mountaineering techniques for F ("facile" or easy) level routes.
The amazing, the awesome, the legendary glacier traverse from Chamonix to Zermatt.
A seven-day trip to enjoy this high-quality tour to the fullest.
Walk across countless glaciers, including some of the biggest in the Alps.
Climb Tête Blanche (3721m), whose summit offers breathtaking views of the Matterhorn.
Mt. Blanc to the Matterhorn, aka "the Haute Route," appears on every avid backcountry traveler's bucket list. This multi-day tour between mountaineering's two major capitals winds its way along an original path through one of the most spectacular sections of the Alps. Enjoy the warm and friendly hospitality from hut to hut, as well as close encounters with the area's towering peaks: Grand Combin, Pigne d'Arolla, Dent Blanche, and Dent d'Hérens. And of course, all throughout the trip, views of the Matterhorn and Mt. Blanc complete the fantastic backdrop.
Your choice of lodging + Guiding
Mountain hut with shared rooms From mid-June to mid-August
* Price based on 4-person group
Prices (incl. taxes) from june to august 2023 - Prices for this year are being calculated, amounts shown are an estimation
|Mountain hut with shared rooms|
Price per person
|Local English-speaking guide|
|2 people1 shared room||3800 €|
|3 people1 shared room||2950 €|
|4 people1 shared room||2550 €|
|5 people1 shared room||2300 €|
|6 people1 shared room||2125 €|
- Single season : From 20 June 2023 to 28 August 2023
The price includes / does not include
The price includes
- Professional IFMGA certified guides: 1 guide for 6 people.
- Accommodations as described: mountain huts and 2 nights in an 3-star hotel in Chamonix
- All meals as described: breakfasts, lunches, dinners.
- All lift tickets required.
- All transfer required including last day Zermatt to Chamonix.
The price does not include
- Transportation to the meeting point at the start of the trip and from the point where the trip officially ends.
- Bottled water in the mountain huts (about 12 CHF each)
- Showers in those huts that charge a fee
- 1 dinner in Chamonix, first night
- Drinks, tips, and personal expenses.
- Insurance for trip cancellation/interruption, lost/stolen baggage, or assistance.
- Everything not described as "included".
France and Italy are part of the Euro zone. You may find ATMs easily in the main cities and towns.
Better to have cash in the most remote areas to purchase extras (ex.: for drinks). Huts do not always accept credit cards.